View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Avoid the Ebay for aftermarket, super low quality motorcycle parts scams! PLEASE

I advise everyone here so be SUPER SUPER careful when buying stuff from over there. Communicate with the seller once or twice before you buy the item to confirm is it WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. They misrepresent parts as original Honda alllll the time. They will give you all sorts of excuses saying that it's OEM - NOS - Honda Quality! - and the list goes on and on and on! They even put reman / aftermarket parts ON TOP of some original Honda packaging paper and boxes to trick you into thinking that is what the parts were wrapped in! WRONG!! I'm starting a new thread on this because fraudulent motorcycle parts are being misrepresented on Ebay more and more.

** Here we go, my rant of the day. :-) I've seen so many people get screwed by bad sellers and PP so I have to just drop everyone a hint here so bear with me **

Here is another tip. BUY SHADY ITEMS WITH A CREDIT CARD. Link up a major credit card with your Paypal and let them fight the fraud - that's what you pay them for. Don't let Paypal take directly from your bank acct. if you deal with anything from out of the country or something that seems too good to be true! That way you can make a request to Paypal to be nice. They will deny you of course - then you just have your money refunded by the CC company and then Paypal will contact you immediately and say they are working to punish the fraudulent seller. A friend of mine just went through this and it's the only way he rolls now.