View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Well I just happened to get a deal on a 1996 model 1UZ. Everything was included except the exhaust manifolds. The seller believes it to be a 1996 so I'll have to figure out how to confirm that the block is that year. The 1UZ was vastly improved in 95-96. The list is reportedly long but the mentionable changes are in the lightening of the rods and pistons, lower friction piston rings and higher compression. This should definitely make for a better revving engine and people have mentioned that they could definitely notice the improvements in the newer model. I hope it is indeed a 1996!

The engine is in really clean condition and there isn't any corrosion. After dealing with the corrosion on my earlier engine I swore that I wouldn't put myself through that much work again. I had to powdercoat all the hard lines since the crust was horrible looking. The newer engine has a nearly perfect surface appearance. Lexus parts are just so damn expensive that having loaner parts between my two engines would be awesome to have. The 1996 is also OBDII which would make smogging the vehicle a reality. This 1996 is the engine I wish I had in the first place.

Here are a few pictures of it as I just received it a few hours ago. Nothing special but I want to get some pictures to compare some differences when I have time.