View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2014, 12:07 PM

Default My build questions

I noticed I hijacked Michaels thread so I have created one for my questions. I try to play nice to etiquettes. I hooked the electrical up and began troubleshooting today. The ignition seems to operate correctly, activating the correct circuits on the different settings. The speedo backlight, tail light, stop switch, and starter all work correctly.

The left hand side is dead. No horn, no high beam. The low beam (red) has 6v to it in II and III all the time. I don't think its supposed to in II. Horn itself tested good. The horn button works if you check continuity between the housing and the end of the wire. No resistance on the horn wire in the harness indicating a ground. I'm afraid to apply power to it as its black and I don't want to fry anything. Which brings me to the neutral switch.

The neutral switch is dead also. Bike is in neutral, switch is making good contact, and there is no resistance to the light bulb, in neutral indicating a solid ground. The black side goes to ground off the ignition with the white band. How does the switch get power if green/red stripe goes to ground at the switch and one the other side black grounds at the ignition? There must be something I'm missing.