Thread: CA95 Wheel rims
View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Yeah ordering stuff from overseas on Ebay is kinda risky but it's the easy option for people. I have found that the main sellers of those items are the same person or a few friends that bid their auctions UP. I found this out when I was bidding on some rubber steps. I had been watching other auctions of the same rubber steps and NO ONE ever bid on them. So the next month I bid on a set and guess what? Someone was actually bidding AGAINST me for them when there were other auctions of the same item! Yeah that's not fishy. THen I checked that bidding party's history and they had been bidding on items from that seller many time in the last 2 months but had never actually WON an auction for any of those items. Now why would someone bid so much and never win any auctions? Yeah all those guys bid back and forth on their own auctions. All of those little trinkets make them too much money for them not to engage in a little artificial price fixing. It's big money to them just to get a couple more dollars out of each auction.

No big surprise to see you got the wrong wheels. They don't care. They make them for pennies and they are the equivalent of something that you might have bought in the US in the 60's. All that stuff is made from old manufacturing process's and I wouldn't consider it safe, mainly parts just for looks.

Ok that's enough ebay scamming talk and bashing those thai ebay sellers. I have bought stuff from them but I had to email back and forth to make them confirm if they were genuine Honda parts or not. They also LOVE to take pictures of fake parts on top of HOnda packaging! Those are all total scams in most cases. I almost paid for a set of levers for a Honda until I requested a confirmation that they were authentic. Of course they weren't. They even used the words "genuine original parts" in the Ebay description!! I told ebay in about 15 emails about how they were doing business and they don't care. They keep no records and don't want to discourage anyone from selling on Ebay anyway... they lose money when they tighten the rules. There is no protection against buying things so I just recommend that everyone use a credit card when buying. Paypal hardly does anything for you either.

I'm sorry for your loss of $$.