View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So the headwork has begun. My builder and I discussed what I have in mind in terms of how I want my power curve which is mostly top end revvin :lol:. We talked about allll sorts of things that can be done and decided to go with a full port/polish job (polishing where it's needed), new stainless valves, port matching throughout the whole engine and some other top secret stuff, **cough TRD cough** . I also brought up the subject of fuel delivery. I have come to the conclusion that the stock injectors are worth 350hp before they start coming up short which is probably right around what we expect to get from this engine. I have the intentions of keeping the stock injector size so the engine won't drain my fuel tank so fast when going on a trip. But if I need bigger ones then so be it. He did mention a guy in town that specialized in engine management computers of all kinds that really knows what he's doing so I might have to have a talk with him. I don't plan on buying an EMS but if I get one at cost and I get some help from a pro with the tuning then I'm going to take on some more work to pay for it, no doubt.

I really didn't plan on spending this kind of money and it's hard to draw the line and stick to it when you have people going out of their way to offer this kind of help. I'm just very lucky to know the right people. The engine magician would be available to do work for others if they would want to send their parts in. He's a real affordable, down to earth hard worker who has a lifetime of engine tuning experience behind him. I've already met with two gentlemen who want head work done on their engines so when mine is up and running theirs will be next. Then I can give some figures on how much he will typically charge for this type of engine. He already warned me that just the machine work alone is an easy two days labor and I was expecting that because of the abundance of valves. When I changed out my valve seals it seemed like it took forever because of the monotonous work.

I'll definitely have some nice pictures of his work and when all this work is done I'll grab a digital camera and have all sorts of video for people to check out.

Here is all I have right now <_<