View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM

Default Headlight Question

Hi Everyone:
I have been having a blast riding my CA95 around the neighborhood for a month or so now and now my next step is making my bike street legal. My paper work is all in order and I think the last thing I need to do fix now is the lights. The headlight (sealed beam unit) has never worked and being a real dummy with wiring, I've just put it off until now. After using my test light on the supply and getting power with the keyswitch on and still no light from the headlight I got out my continuity tester and checked across the three solder connections at the base of the headlight. I got no continuity between any of the connections. My very limited electrical experience leads me to believe there would be continuity if the filaments were intact and none if the headlight is burned out. If I am correct and I need a new headlight, do you recomend getting another sealed beam unit at around 50 dollars with shipping or go with a separate bulb/reflector setup which I don't have any pieces for and would probably cost just as much or more in the long run to convert to.
Thanks
Steve