View Single Post
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:24 AM

The new Royal Enfields are very close in styling to the older models but do have a new for 09 engine that combines the transmission but still has that retro look . They've also gone to fuel injection and electronic ignition so their very reliable . I've assembled 6 of these bikes from the shipping crate to the showroom floor for Mike and it's amusing as to what you find when prepping the bikes . Basically you have to check every nut and bolt for tightness as well as the wheel assemblies for trueness and spoke tightness .
The engine assemblies are well made but use a rudementry screen in the crankcase as a particle filter ( I mean BIG particles ) so oil changes should be on a more frequent basis . Also , for a 500cc single cylinder bike ,a little more HP would be a plus . They'll go about 80/85 mph. Good around town bike but not freeway inspiring .
Smithers , did you look at Spikes website ? Mikes has some very nice restorations that he's completed as well as some very nice originals . They also consign vintage biks ,so it always interesting to see what is on the showroom floor .
Pictures ! , I'll take some pic's of the Hondas he currently has and post them next week .